Spring is officially here in the Midwestern area, and it is important to keep up to date on all of your landscaping needs. Whether it be around the house or at work, there are always projects that can be done to make the look of your home or business more attractive. This is important in scenarios such as making a first impression on a guest or customer and setting the mood for a place of business. With the month of May coming up very soon, we find it important to highlight the general landscaping guidelines for the month according to Autumn Tree.
- Plant new perennials and summer bulbs
- Divide mums and other late bloomers
- Plant annuals after last frost
- Increase mowing frequency as turf growth increases. Don’t cut off more than 1/3 of the grass plant per mowing
- Schedule spring core aeration
- Perform preventative disease treatments to foliage of susceptible trees/shrubs
These guidelines are important for individuals looking to keep up on their landscaping tasks and keeping their home or business looking the best it possibly can. For the entire calendar you can visit the Autumn Tree web site. Additionally, Hanson Landscaping can help out with any of these landscaping needs.